[Owasp-leaders] AppSec DC 2012 - Call for Trainers
mark.bristow at owasp.org
Mon Oct 24 14:27:59 EDT 2011
OWASP is currently soliciting training providers for the OWASP AppSec DC
2012 regional conference that will take place at the Walter E. Washington
Convention Center (801 Mount Vernon Place NW Washington, DC 20001) on April
2nd through 5th of 2012. The theme for this year's conference is "OWASP -
Not just webapps anymore" to reflect the new and revised scope of OWASP to
include all application security issues instead of focusing just on web
application security. There will be training courses on April 2nd and 3rd
followed by plenary sessions on the 4th and 5th. There are a total of six
classrooms over two days or 12 training days available at the conference.
Three classrooms hold 30 students and the other three have a capacity of 24
The following conditions apply for people or organizations that want to
provide training at the conference:
* Training provider should provide class syllabus / training materials.
* Proceeds will be split 60/40 (OWASP/Trainer) for the training class.
* OWASP will provide the Venue, Marketing with Conference materials,
Registration and basic AV
* Trainers will cover travel and accommodations for the instructor(s)
and all course materials for students
* OWASP will reserve up to 2 training slots at no cost and the trainer
may reserve up to one slot at no cost
* Price per attendee: 2-Day Class $1500/ 1-Day Class $750.
* Trainers can brand training materials to increase their exposure
* Classes are to be focused around Application Security but are in no
way limited to web application security.
Submit proposals to http://training.appsecdc.org/ before December 15th 2011
to be considered. All trainers will be required to submit a Training
Instructor Agreement (
in order to have their classed scheduled. Additional information can be
found at http://www.appsecdc.org
Please forward to all interested practitioners and colleagues.
The AppSec DC Program Committee
OWASP Global Conferences Committee Chair - http://is.gd/5MTvF
AppSec DC 2010 Organizer - https://www.appsecdc.org
OWASP DC Chapter Co-Chair - http://is.gd/5MTwu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OWASP-Leaders