[Owasp-leaders] title suggestion to differentiate OWASP board from local chapter level

Mat Caughron caughron at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 13:06:53 EDT 2011

Perhaps this can help:

Instead of "board member" as a title for the chapters, another title
might be helpful to differentiate.  Here for the Kansas city chapter,
I use the "volunteer leader" title to indicate what I do to organize
the meetings, and run local advocacy efforts around software security.
So far as I can tell, there is no confusion created by this
designation and the word "volunteer" helps people to clue in to what
sort of thing OWASP is.

Obviously, people from both OWASP board and local chapters make all
sorts of phenomenal contributions, and the goal here is to
respectfully title each type of contribution.

Mat Caughron
Kansas City OWASP chapter volunteer leader
cell: (408) 910-1266