[Owasp-leaders] Thomas Ryan - OWASP - OccupyWallStreet - Gawker

Mark Bristow mark.bristow at owasp.org
Mon Oct 17 09:57:15 EDT 2011

So this is an interesting (and completely irrelevant to OWASP)
discussion on the state of the online press that while I find
interesting doesn't change the central point here.  The point is that
Gawker has incorrectly "printed" that Mr Ryan is a OWASP board member.
 Wither you agree with his actions, who said what first and when, is
completely irrelevant.

As an organization we have a responsibility to correct factual errors
that are reported about OWASP.  Mr. Ryan is not a board member, nor is
he a paid member of OWASP although he has made a number of
contributions to OWASP over the years and is a member of this
community.  I'm of the opinion that the board should reach out to
Gawker to ask that a correction be made.

--
Mark Bristow
(703) 596-5175
mark.bristow at owasp.org