[Owasp-leaders] Thomas Ryan - OWASP - OccupyWallStreet - Gawker

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at owasp.org
Sun Oct 16 23:09:47 EDT 2011

Dennis,

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Dennis Groves <dennis.groves at owasp.org>wrote:

> Actually, IMHO - although it is not so flattering for Tom; *any* mention of
> OWASP in the mainstream press is *public awareness* - and that my friends is
> something we can not even begin to quantify the value of.

The damage (to reputation) is caused as the result of resulting "rumour"
created and spread by "gawker"s - pun intended :)

http://literallyunbelievable.org/ is an example of how many people interpret
the parody and satire of "The Onion" as the truth - I highly recommend their
parodies of http://www.theonion.com/search/?q=apple

If people are interested in OWASP then it will be at the top of their search
results.  I would not recommend contacting Gawker to have our URL referenced
as you will find they have a whole list of prepared questions they would
also have you tricked in answering.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich