[Owasp-leaders] Thomas Ryan - OWASP - OccupyWallStreet - Gawker

Rex Booth rex.booth at owasp.org
Sun Oct 16 19:53:40 EDT 2011

I know Tom Ryan, but I'm not going to weigh in on his activities
regarding occupy wall street, though I will say he's no stranger to
controversy.

However, I do agree that there are numerous people who say they're on
the board of OWASP when the truth is that they're on the board of a
local chapter.  I think the use of a board structure at the local
chapter level is typically excessive and, at best, leads to confusion
about the scope of individual roles within OWASP or, at worst, provides
cover for disingenuous statements and innuendo.

In this case, to my knowledge, Tom is on the board of the NYC chapter.

Rex