[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Top 10 2012

Wong Onn Chee ocwong at usa.net
Fri Oct 7 11:54:07 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

Just to join in the fun that all of you are having. :-)

My two-cent worth as follow.

Let's continue to have a OWASP Top 10 which is risk-based as it should
be language-agnostic.

However, not all languages are built identically.

As some of you have pointed out, some coding traps are more easily to
fall into in a language while other traps are more prevalent in another
language.

As such, why not supplement the risk-centric OWASP Top 10 with
language-centric OWASP Top 10 Common for .Net, OWASP Top 10 Common for
Java, OWASP Top 10 Common for PHP, OWASP Top 10 Common for Flex and so on.

Cheers
Onn Chee
OWASP Singapore Lead