[Owasp-leaders] Web Service Cheaters!

Achim achim at owasp.org
Fri Oct 7 03:45:53 EDT 2011

Hi Mark,

as I've done translations in both directions (from and to English), my experience
is that "machine translation" does not work for security sensitive texts.
We also used professional (human) services and then had to change the translated
texts again.
Reason seams to be that there're so much special terms and buzzwords which cannot
be translated literaly but need to be translated according the context they are
used. The "translator" needs to be used to this security context.

IMHO it's better to have a short incomplete manual translation than a automated
one which may lead to mis-understandings.
Good translations of security related texts are hard work.

Just my 2 pence (speaking for German)
Achim