[Owasp-leaders] 4. German Owasp Day
achim at owasp.org
Sun Nov 20 16:11:45 EST 2011
on Thursday we had our 4. German Owasp Day (formerly known as AppSec Germany).
We had about 160 people at the event. Whereof about 100 arrived the day
before to enjoy a traditional Bavarian lunch in one of Munich's famous
brewery pubs, which was a perfect preparation for the following day.
Thanks to our numerous sponsors and due to the number of participants we
were able to cover our expenses and have some budget left.
The conference had two tracks.
Some highlights of the sessions:
* Keynote Isabel Münch, Federal Office for Information Security:
!!! Offered collaboration and support for OWASP !!!
* Seba (OWASP Global Committee) gave a great introduction to OWASP (thx!)
* Martin Knobloch (OWASP Global Education Committee): Announced hacking-lab
* Juraj Somorovsky: presenting the cryptographic flaws in XML encryptions
(oracle type again) and XML Signature occuring in Amazon webservices and
* And lots of further high class talks about Mobile Security, cyber threats,
Web Services Security, Cross-Domain-Policy, SDLC etc.
* At the end: invited talk from Thomas Roessler, focussing on "neglected
client side web security issues, which will become more important during
the next years"
On time the translation team was able to provide the attendees with a
printed broshure of the German OWASP Top 10.
You'll find all information and all presentations at:
Don't hesitate if you don't speak German, most slides are in English.
OWASP Germany Board Member
More information about the OWASP-Leaders