[Owasp-leaders] PCI project - anybody involved or leading?

Nishi Kumar nishi787 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 16 14:08:48 EST 2011

Hi Rex,

My OWASP CBT project has training material that is geared towards PCI. Please look at PCI Training Presentations Track.

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_CBT_Project

Thanks
Nishi Kumar
OWASP CBT Project Lead
OWASP Global Industry Committee

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 13:57:42 +0000
From: jason.alexander at owasp.org
To: rex.booth at owasp.org; tomb at owasp.org
CC: owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org
Subject: Re: [Owasp-leaders] PCI project - anybody involved or leading?

must admit.that PCI compliance work is a big driver for web app sec in UK. most board level execs would never even consider it if it wasnt.

Jason Alexander
OWASP Chapter Founder And Leader
Twitter: 0wasp
Sent From My Samsung Droid Phone

Rex Booth <rex.booth at owasp.org> wrote:

     Thanks Tom.  It looks like Christian has taken it on.

Christian - can you provide a status at your convenience?  I know the project plan shows a number of activities that should have occurred early in 2011, but I'm curious if we have any materials we can share.

Tony - I disagree 100%.  Like it or not, compliance and regulations are one of the biggest drivers for interest in what we do.  We would be wise to work with organizations like PCI to integrate application security into as many regulations as reasonable.  I do agree about the sponsorship concerns, however.

Thanks,
Rex

On 11/16/2011 7:38 AM, Thomas Brennan wrote:

Rex, Dead effort.

Started it while at WhiteHat with Trey Ford and then Ed got involved. Project never got a project plan, defined scope or motion. Inactive should be archived

Semper Fi,

Tom Brennan
http://www.linkedin.com/in/tombrennan
9732020122

On Nov 16, 2011, at 12:07 AM, Tony UcedaVelez <tonyuv at owasp.org> wrote:

I personally don't agree with such a project b/c I know that the compliance tail will wag the security dog and I think it diverts from the germane focus of the org IMHO.  I am concerned however (as an aside) that project sponsors are listed on that page and they have contributed funds to a project that is dormant.  Is that a misread on the project sponsorship?

Tony UV

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 9:52 PM, Rex Booth <rex.booth at owasp.org> wrote:

Leaders,

Is anybody involved in the PCI project linked below?

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Key_Project_Information:OWASP_PCI_Project

Thanks,
Rex

--