[Owasp-leaders] Legality of dynamic scanning

Paolo Perego thesp0nge at owasp.org
Fri Nov 4 04:44:37 EDT 2011

Never heard about this one.
My experience is that if I buy a commercial webapp, any wapt activity
is completely legal if the scope is within my own servers. (testing
some cloud based functionality can lead to a possible illegal scan).

Different is the case of code review or bytecode analysis involving
reverse engineering the compiled app.

My €0.02

Paolo

--