[Owasp-leaders] New OWASP project

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at owasp.org
Tue Nov 1 19:12:57 EDT 2011

Michael,

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Michael Coates <michael.coates at owasp.org>
 wrote:

> This has been an interesting discussion and its a good sign that the
> community is weighing in with various view points.
>
> I'd like to present a few thoughts for people to consider.
>
> OWASP is built on top of a community of volunteers that are experts in
> their respective fields. Our guides, tools, resources, outreach,
> conferences (and more) are excellent because talented people have dedicated
> their time and skills.
>
> One of the great things that OWASP works towards is making OWASP a
> platform that is easy for anyone to contribute their time and effort.  A
> model that requires approval from a centralized body before a project could
> be started would be a very different model than what we have now and one
> that I think would diminish the successes of our community.
>
> In the end, good ideas will flourish and attract more participation and
> also more support from OWASP overall.  However, its very hard to know what
> the next great idea is unless we experiment with bright minds in a variety
> of areas.
>
> With that, I say best of luck to this new project and any others that are
> inline with the principles of OWASP.

http://www.curphey.com/2011/10/owasp-time-to-move-on-for-good-this-time/#disqus_thread<-
I would suggest that you speak (i.e. don't e-mail) Mark direct and
attempt to resolve this since it is adverse to our PR as Mark is one of the
people who founded OWASP?

Also, since Mark has raised the issue of the GPC selecting SourceForge for
reasons that I have disputed i.e.
https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/global-projects-committee/2011-October/002392.html,
I would like you to respond to this also when you have the time i.e. not as
urgent as the above?

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich