[Owasp-leaders] New OWASP project

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Tue Nov 1 00:48:45 EDT 2011

This has been an interesting discussion and its a good sign that the community is weighing in with various view points.

I'd like to present a few thoughts for people to consider.

OWASP is built on top of a community of volunteers that are experts in their respective fields. Our guides, tools, resources, outreach, conferences (and more) are excellent because talented people have dedicated their time and skills.

One of the great things that OWASP works towards is making OWASP a platform that is easy for anyone to contribute their time and effort.  A model that requires approval from a centralized body before a project could be started would be a very different model than what we have now and one that I think would diminish the successes of our community.

In the end, good ideas will flourish and attract more participation and also more support from OWASP overall.  However, its very hard to know what the next great idea is unless we experiment with bright minds in a variety of areas.

With that, I say best of luck to this new project and any others that are inline with the principles of OWASP.

--
Michael Coates
OWASP