[Owasp-leaders] Open source licence advice

Jerry Hoff jerryhoff at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 22:28:05 EST 2011

Hi Psiion,

Another solution might be just to contact the copyright holder and ask permission to modify the license. I see the company is Chinotec Technologies - which apparently is a "sister company" to Milescan (milescan.com).

Milescan is located here in hong Kong close to where I live. I think you should email them and ask them if they can give a special dispensation in this case, and if they don't reply I can give them a call or just stop by their offices and see if they'd consider a license modification.

They *did* open source the code so clearly they are an open company and wanting to contribute in a cooperative fashion, so it's reasonable to assume they would be friendly to a license modification.

Thoughts?