[Owasp-leaders] Open source licence advice

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Thu Jan 27 21:22:54 EST 2011

Psiinon,

On great resource for FLOSS developers is the Software Freedom Law
Center (http://www.softwarefreedom.org/). They provide legal advice to
FLOSS software developers (like yourself) for free.  There's an email
address to send questions on their contact page:
http://www.softwarefreedom.org/about/contact/

I've sent them legal questions in the past and gotten good responses
from them.  Granted it may take a couple of days and your answer may be
US centric since they are in the US.  However, the advice they provide
is good - particularly about FLOSS licensing so it seems like a perfect
fit for your question(s).

I'm not sure where you're located but in you have concerns about your
jurisdiction, they may also be aware of a similar group in the EU or
where ever you may be.  HTH.

Cheers!

--
-- Matt Tesauro