[Owasp-leaders] MediaWiki code review (was: Hack OWASP.org as a pre/during SummitCompetition)

James Walden james.walden at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 12:43:05 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:17 AM, John Wilander <john.wilander at owasp.org>wrote:

> 2011/1/27 Chris Schmidt <chris.schmidt at owasp.org>
>
>> Wouldn't this be, for all intents and purposes, a code review of the
>> MediaWiki project and whatever plugis are installed?
>>

> Now that's an idea I fully support. Don't know how we'd coordinate it
> though. But what a community effort and what a driver for goodwill,
> fundraising etc.

I've scanned Mediawiki for vulnerabilities using Fortify SCA and could share
my findings as a starting point.

As for coordination, using a tool like Mondrian might help.  However, I've
only read about them.  We'd definitely have to get in contact with the
Mediawiki development team too.

James Walden
http://faculty.cs.nku.edu/~waldenj