[Owasp-leaders] Open source licence advice

Dr. Dirk Wetter dirk.wetter at owasp.org
Thu Jan 27 05:33:08 EST 2011

Hi,

this is probably not the answer you like but license compatibility and
avoiding somebody selling it sounds definitely like legal battle ground.

IANAL, however e.g. Apache v2 is to my knowledge not compatible with GPLv2
however with GPLv3. For LGPL (v2/v3) it might depend on the version and
what is done with the component within ZAP. You also cannot just change
licenses of code you don't own.

Only my 0,02 €

Dirk