[Owasp-leaders] Need energy for sorting out the Summit's REMOTE PARTICIPANTS Fwd: Great news we have a sponsor for the Video uplink and broadcast

Mateo Martinez mateomar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 12:54:39 EST 2011

Hi Dinis,

First of all we need to identify the remote participants.

- How do remote participants register the Working Sessions they want to
   participate?

Googledocs? Form? The summit online could be open to joiners...

   - How do we manage the situation where the Working Session chair is
   participating remotely? (for example the project leader whose project is the
   title of the working session)

We could use some solutions like http://www.dimdim.com/ for remote
working session chair and stream the session as usual.

   - How do remote participants map out when they are available? (note that
   we have to take into account their time zones (US, Europe, Australia,
   etc...)

   - How much bandwidth do we need to reserve in order to have good uplink
   video/audio streams?

If we could get 1Mb for the uplink will be enough  (2 will be better)

   - What broadcast technology should we use? It is already defined?
Could be dimdim. May be we could contact them for some support.

   - How to receive the remote participants comments, audio and/or video and
   relay that to the local participants? twitter, telephone bridge?

   - Who will be responsible for handling the local logistics? TBD

   - Who will be at the Working session writing a transcription of what is
   going on. I.e. doing what (for example) Sandra did for the OWASP Academies
   using http://www.coveritlive.com/

 Could be coveritlive.com or twitter....

 <http://www.coveritlive.com/>
   - How do we expose to the rest of the OWASP and WebAppSec community that
   it will be possible to participate remotely in the Summit?

Promote this on the webpage and through the mailing lists.

   - If all is set-up/organized properly, should we temporarily take over
   the OWASP.org home page and push as many visitors to what is going on at the
   Summit?

We could include a kind of blog or connect to twitter tweets.

Please, your comments and suggestions.

Warm regards,

Mateo