[Owasp-leaders] Hack OWASP.org as a pre/during Summit Competition

Harisfazillah Jamel linuxmalaysia at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 08:13:12 EST 2011

Hi,

I disagree using hacking to find vulnerabilities, as a way of promoting.

It's hard to find a contest that relate to hardening of server and
application or making codes better as part of a contest. We already
expose OWASP members with many ways of finding vulnerabilities. Lets
we balance with how to defense ourself from attack.

For example. We ask the contestant to fixed problem with all the
vulnerabilities listed and make report on the effort.

Or we can balance both. They find the vulnerabilities and do the
reports on how to fix it.

Haris ....