[Owasp-leaders] Need energy for sorting out the Summit's REMOTE PARTICIPANTS Fwd: Great news we have a sponsor for the Video uplink and broadcast

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Wed Jan 26 03:31:57 EST 2011

Filipe, that is a great idea, and I guess what I'm trying to say is
that *unless
we create a 'solution' for the remote participants, it will not happen at
the scale and quality-level that it could.*

FYI, we currently have 140 confirmed attendees (with 2 weeks to go, so the
final number will be higher). But the key question is* 'how many remote
participants could/should we have'? *(the video broadcast provided by
SAPO.pt can handle up to 1000 streams)

If all works accordingly to plan, we will have very good digital coverage of
the Summit (video streams, live blogging, onsite journalist), but will we
have anyone listening? and contributing remotely???

I've had numerous exchanges with key players in our industry (including
OWASP leaders), that are not about to make it to the Summit, but are
committed to find the time to participate remotely. The problem is that I
have nowhere to point them to!

The' physical' Summit Participants are treated as '1st class' citizens (with
a huge amount of time, energy and focus being put on making sure that they
have the most productive time at the Summit), but unfortunately , the remote
Summit participants are being treated as 'off-the-chart' class citizens :(

If we can't pull this off, it will be massive missed opportunity, since
there is a lot of talent (and decision makers) that we could be reaching out
and remotely engaging with the Summit

Dinis Cruz