[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Secure Coding Track: Actions from 01//24/11 at 8:30EST

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Tue Jan 25 09:46:29 EST 2011

Chris,

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the codec project below seems like
- LESS modularization, not more. (ie: more features to a current classes).

I think we need to split up ESAPI into different usable modules : like a
stand alone encoder, a stand alone validator, a stand alone crypto
module, etc. ESAPI is pretty bulky, with 80+ dependencies and counting.
I think we need more modules, less dependencies and less new features....

... and the summit is the perfect place to rip ESAPI apart to accomplish
these goals. :)

Fair?