[Owasp-leaders] (massive failure) Fwd: List of Summit Donations from website

Jerry Hoff jerry at jerryhoff.net
Mon Jan 24 22:30:15 EST 2011

Hi John,

I agree with your most of your points, but Im going to have to differ
on point 1. I *really* don't think a face shot of Jeff, Jim or Dinis
is going to open wallets. It was super creepy when Jimmy Wales did it
and it would be even creepier with Jeff and Jim staring out at
everyone.  :) No offense guys!! :)

Personally, I'm also more likely to give $$ for a specific purpose.
Look at all the people who donate after a big catastrophe... Obviously
they want the money to be used for that specific incident, not just to
go into the general coffers of a charity.

I'd actually like to see small, non intrusive donation buttons next to
each specific project. So as a project grows in popularity (and
presumably the donations would rise accordingly) that project leader
could use it to hire help for professional documentation, more
features and bug fixes, etc, so these projects can achieve the
professional polish they deserve like Jim mentioned last week.

-Jerry