[Owasp-leaders] (massive failure) Fwd: List of Summit Donations from website

John Wilander john.wilander at owasp.org
Mon Jan 24 20:58:19 EST 2011

Three things we can try to enhance:

   1. Personal requests need a face. There should be a professional photo of
   Jeff asking for money. We'll fix that until next time.
   2. Goal tracking is good since it gives meaning to every dollar. It
   almost becomes a game where all contributors win.
   3. I don't think we should connect fundraising campaigns to any specific
   event such as the summit. That triggers "Where can we have our booth?"
   instead of "Here's my personal $20". Let's go for a general campaign in
   November-December 2011 just as Wikipedia. People are in giving mode before
   christmas :).

All in all it's good to try these things out. No harm done there. Dinis. If
you would have known it'd be a failure you wouldn't have done it, right? I
remember us having the monthly challenges before AppSec in Stockholm and
some of them we spent sooo much time setting up and only got a few
submissions. Doing creative and/or stuff means 50 % failures :/.

Keep the spirit up!

   /John

--
John Wilander, https://twitter.com/johnwilander