[Owasp-leaders] Solutions

John Wilander john.wilander at owasp.org
Mon Jan 24 14:25:26 EST 2011

2011/1/19 dinis cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org>

> The comment on the need to have 'commercial support for OWASP project XYZ'
> is absolutely critical for a number of OWASP projects to go to the next
> level.

I remember OWASP leaders discussing this in Stockholm. Wasn't the problem
then that a few projects were chosen to go firsthand and many of those had
board members connected to them? So the community reaction was – Hey, are
you creating benefits for yourselves? I might be mistaken but that's how I
remember it.

I still believe more in an open model where any release quality OWASP
project can have commercial support attached. Not just "the vital few". And
then we can have open services registration and open customer endorsements
too. Like LinkedIn recommendations if you will.

   /John

--
John Wilander, https://twitter.com/johnwilander
Chapter co-leader OWASP Sweden, http://owaspsweden.blogspot.com