[Owasp-leaders] OWASP 2011 Summit fund raising initiative

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Fri Jan 14 14:29:09 EST 2011

OWASP Leaders,

As you probably have noticed (or are about to), we are trying to do at OWASP
what Wikipedia did (see http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2011/Funding for
a bunch on links on Wikipedia's fund raising initiative)

Below is the email that I sent earlier today to the OWASP Board and that
was swiftly approved.

Although there are a number of objectives with this funding attempt, the
short term objective is to find a way to fund the OWASP Leaders (and key
industry players) that are on this list
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2011_Attendee#Confirmed_Summit_Attendees:_Seeking_Funds.2FSponsorship

*My view is that it would be a tragedy that those
amazing individuals/owasp-contributors are able to commit the time to go to
the Summit, and we are not able to find the funds to support them.*

*My request to you*, OWASP leaders,* is that you write a personal request
yourself, under your own name and with your own personal story about OWASP
(just like Jeff and Jim did).* Here is the template, and if you need help,
ping me directly
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2011/Funding/example (once
that is done Kate will be able to put it live)

And btw, if you spot anything that can be improved on the text that is up
there, please let us know (Jeff and Jim pages are blocked)

Note that there is a still a couple tweaks that we need to do to the
top-banner, and if you can help (or have good php skills) please contact
Larry with your availability and ideas. Ideally we should add the
cookie-based 'close' button, that Wikipedia has, or people might get sick of
looking at those banners

Thanks

Dinis Cruz