[Owasp-leaders] Creating OWASP 4.0!

Matthew Chalmers matthew.chalmers at owasp.org
Wed Jan 12 21:21:17 EST 2011

Sorry to resurrect an old(ish) thread (I just don't get much done from
Thanksgiving to New Year's).

A one-day class for auditors on OWASP might be overkill. And if it was at an
OWASP event it might not attract many attendees. I think some of us could
collaborate on a ½- to 4-hour presentation deck that could be used by
OWASPers who were able to attend (IT) audit-centric events (in addition to
engaging organizations like ISACA directly to mutual benefit). It might be
more useful at OWASP events to have a ½- to 4-hour session on auditing for
developers and appsec folks.

Part of the problem with evangelizing appsec to developers is that while
they may be receptive, they don't always have the ability to implement what
they've learned when it appears to add time to their projects (or take time
away depending on how you look at it). Auditors, however, often do--in my
experience--have the ability to add items to their work programs.

Note that I'm using "audit" and "auditor" very generically, not specifically
PCI-related.

Matt