[Owasp-leaders] Australia

Anne Luk anne.luk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 09:12:26 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

Being in Brisbane, it is a little scary at the moment.  We made the decision
to leave our home this afternoon as we live next to the Brisbane river but
fortunately have family that we can stay with.  Our place is on the 2nd
floor, so hopefully it'll be ok when we get home.

There is a relief appeal launched by the Queensland government to help those
in need - http://telethon.smartservice.qld.gov.au/.  Many families have lost
everything, some have even lost their loved ones and many are still
missing.  A small donation will surely help these communities with
rebuilding their lives.

Another charity in need is the RSPCA of Queensland.  Some owners were forced
to leave their domestic pets behind in evacuations and the RSPCA is working
very hard to help animals in need.  You can help by donating at
https://donate.rspcaqld.org.au/flood.  The funds will be used to purchase
animals supplies and to support animal rescue efforts.

As Chris mentioned, the worst is yet to come in the next few days, but I'm
sure being the tough Queenslanders that we are, we'll make it through this
difficult time as long as we've got each other.

Thanks in advance,

Anne
Brisbane Chapter.