[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Board, Rebooted

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Sun Jan 9 12:32:20 EST 2011

> but I also consider some of those board members real LEADERS to our whole
community.

Oh, I agree 100%. The board members are leaders not just of OWASP, but of
all of WebAppSec. These are folks whom I personally look up to.

But still, a classic mistake of non-profits is to bring in industry experts
as board members, instead of folks who focus on fundraising and strategy. On
that note, I think several board members should consider stepping down and
going back to committee where they are most effective. A board member who is
on committee or regularly discussing operational issues is usually doing it
wrong in the classic sense of a non-profit.

Buanzo, I beseech you to go read http://www.idea.org/board.html to get where
I'm coming from.

And please, this is not a attack on the board, but a suggestion to make
everyone happier and more effective.

Regards,
Jim