[Owasp-leaders] Secure Coding Workshop: Status Update

John Steven John.Steven at owasp.org
Mon Feb 28 03:28:30 EST 2011

All,

At the OWASP Summit, we made some progress towards setting up a secure
programming track but I think we all fell prey to wanting to involve
ourselves in other important topics (governance, ESAPI, projects,
broader developer outreach) at the expense of more concrete progress.
This disappoints me, but it's OK as well. In Dan's session,
especially, we made decent progress in spec'ing out what a finished
session would look like. I made progress in-between sessions on a code
base that would be valuable the next time around.

If individuals remain interested, I'd like to set up weekly calls
(again) and march towards a full-fledged track for the AppSec 2011
conference planned for  September 22-23, concurrent with training.

This week, I'm going to roll-up an agenda for the march towards
September but I'd ask those interested to reconsider material on the
WIki ( www.owasp.org/.../Category:Summit_2011_OWASP_Secure_Coding_Workshop_Track
I think, the site is down) and "re-up" their ownership of a particular
thread/topic.

Thanks,
-jOHN