[Owasp-leaders] Owasp Inquiry on "Cenzic patent on 'Fault injection methods and apparatus' "

John Wilander john.wilander at owasp.org
Sun Feb 27 08:09:29 EST 2011

Judging by the Cenzic silence on Twitter and within the community I think
this is the usual case of tech guys being embarrassed and humiliated by the
legal guys. I just cannot see how the people who did Cenzic's tech research
that led to this inferior patent would stand up to lawsuits against peers.
Maybe I'm wrong.

For me this drives Free Software. Patent lawsuits tell me that if you invent
something, publish it freely and establish prior art asap. We have to get
out of this 20th century mentality of owning thoughts. Build and maintain an
abundance mentality. Do good and good will come.

Imagine the investments Cenzic will have to do to establish their brand
again. #fail

   Regards, John

John Wilander, https://twitter.com/johnwilander
Chapter co-leader OWASP Sweden, http://owaspsweden.blogspot.com