[Owasp-leaders] Fwd: Your message to Global_chapter_committeeawaits moderator approval

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Thu Feb 24 10:21:42 EST 2011

Jason - you were close.

I've been looking for new hosting for OWASP for about a year and the
two job changes I had during last year delayed my progress.

I started talking with Rackspace around August and started getting
some real traction in late October early November.

On Monday of this week, I drove down to San Antonio and met with the
CISO of Rackspace.  They have agreed in principal to basically
exchange corporate membership for hosting in Rackspace's cloud on a
year by year basis.  So hosting for OWASP's servers will be at $0 per
year.

Next week, I'll return to San Antonio to hammer out the specifics and
get a contract written.

Yes, its taken much longer then I'd like but removing the hosting
costs from OWASP's operational budget was a goal of mine.  OWASP could
have started paying several different hosting companies 8 months ago
but I kept searching for someone who'd donate hosting.

I've found that someone at Rackspace.

More details and things firm up.  Trust me, I'm not going to let this
die on the vine.

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member