[Owasp-leaders] Owasp Inquiry on "Cenzic patent on 'Fault injection methods and apparatus' "

Tin Zaw tin.zaw at owasp.org
Sat Feb 19 21:10:17 EST 2011

Hi Jim,

Yes, you're right, we don't need board's permission. I have asked my friend
to see if he can point me to a patent lawyer who can help receive the patent
on pro bono basis.

We will need board's signature later and we do need to coordinate so that
OWASP is not pursuing redundant efforts or conflicting strategies. Perhaps
Jim and I can coordinate these efforts.

I will also ask legal counsel at work to see if they know any lawyer
interested to work for a non profit on pro bono basis. I will talk to
Mandeep offline to see how likely they will want to license us the patent
and how to proceed.

Leaders, let us know if you have any thoughts/input on OWASP licensing the
patent in question.

Tin