[Owasp-leaders] The Gap Between OWASP and Developers

Sethi, Rohit rohit at securitycompass.com
Fri Feb 18 13:55:27 EST 2011

Jeremiah, that's great feedback. As a vendor I agree. It seems to me it's pretty clear that vendors (like myself) have a direct motivation to work on OWASP projects. Of course, OWASP has many non-vendors working on projects.

How do we foster interest in OWASP for people whose primary job is not application security? What is the motivation for them? Maybe some people who fall in the non-vendor camp can articulate why they devote their personal time to this cause. This might help us to find like-minded people.

Cheers,

Rohit Sethi
Vice President, Product Development
Security Compass & SD Elements