[Owasp-leaders] The Gap Between OWASP and Developers

Andre Gironda andreg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 13:51:50 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Jim Manico <jim.manico at owasp.org> wrote:
> I'm passing on a message from Jeremiah Grossman on vendor/OWASP/enterprise relations. Insightful comments - especially coming from a vendor. ;)
> I'm really happy to see Joe Bernik (CISO at Fifth Third Bank) stepping up as the Industry Committee chair. I think this fits into both Jeremiah's vision and OWASP's mission very well.
>
> Aloha,
> Jim

Thanks for this, Jim. I absolutely agree with Jeremiah on this issue
and he put it very eloquently:

"Imagine having CSOs from major eCommerce, financial services,
healthcare, etc. organizations stacking the OWASP board"

I think this is the BEST idea to ever come from Jeremiah, and the only
thing I would add to it would be, "as long as WhiteHat Security
customers are only represented as a minority and not a majority". ;>

If vendors are recommending that their most-faithful of customers
become the leadership instead of the vendors themselves -- we could
end up in a much worse situation than we are already in with regards
to promoting the believability of our appsec expertise (as well as
actually having any real experience or direction to put forward to the
industry).

-Andre