[Owasp-leaders] Fwd: Stepping down as Board Member

Paolo Perego thesp0nge at owasp.org
Tue Feb 15 03:51:20 EST 2011

Guys, I have honestly to admit that I missed the topic here, I bet
there is something not written but that it has to be discussed during
the summit.

Topic 1. Dinis stepping down as Board member.
I won't add anything to the discussion saying how good is Dinis as
mentor/leader. Owasp board is a little poorer without him. Owasp
overall is a little reacher however since Dinis can dedicate to active
projects with even more energy and passion. This is super.

I'm sad when Dinis said that somebody mislead his effort with "chaos"
and "disorganization".

Topic 2. Coders vs "Document writers" in the Board.
I understand John point of view. I turned myself from being a security
consultant into developer 1 year ago because I was engaged more in
writing vaporware policies than in pentests or code reviews.

I think it's important that developers will be represented in the
board to make sure there is someone talking the developers language.

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Brad Causey <bradcausey at owasp.org> wrote:

> Personally, I don't care what "technical skills" a given board member has,
> as long as he's a solid leader, and understands how to run the business and
> provide guidance and direction.

Personal attitude for being a leader is for sure important, but there
must be someone who knows what does writing production code means in
order to tell (or better address) how to write it secure. It's
important that there is someone who knows about absurd deadlines, poor
efficient project manager and all external issues that makes writing
software somewhat a nightmare.

Cheers

Ps: Dinis if you want to step back your decision about stepping down
(how many steps out there :-P), I'll be very happy.

Just my €0,02
Paolo

--
"... static analysis is fun, again!"