[Owasp-leaders] Fwd: Stepping down as Board Member

Bhatt, Deven Deven_Bhatt at WrightExpress.com
Mon Feb 14 13:29:53 EST 2011

I am a newbie here, trying to start a chapter in the state of Maine. My 2 cents worth, I agree that if C-level management support is not there, these efforts will not succeed. It took commitment from Bill Gates and then only Microsoft SDL and Trustworthy computing took off and people paid attention to it and was funded. I am a C-level VP CISO but need buy in from others to make secure development a priority. PCI DSS says provide such training to developers but how many seriously get the training?

Deven Bhatt
VP CISO
Wright Express

----- Original Message -----
From: owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org <owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org>
To: John Wilander <john.wilander at owasp.org>
Cc: owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org Leaders <owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org>
Sent: Mon Feb 14 12:57:41 2011
Subject: Re: [Owasp-leaders] Fwd: Stepping down as Board Member

John and all,

I don't want to state the obvious: we have plenty of technical knowledge in OWASP, and I'd love to see every role represented in the board, like James suggested. But what I think it's severely unrepresented now is the C-level. No security effort can succeed without management support and commitment. That's why I'd love to have both Bill Gates AND Steve Jobs in the board. :-)

Andrea