[Owasp-leaders] Stepping up as Board Member

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Mon Feb 14 11:39:09 EST 2011

Hello John. I'm a longtime/active coder and I'd like to run for the board. I'm currently working on outlining my personal strategy for what I would do if I was elected to this prestigious position.

It's not enough for me to be a coder, thou. I also need to master approaching developer communities in a respectful manner in order to promote more collaboration. This is a work in progress. I've had a few recent successes, but it only takes one foolish email or blog post to upset large swaths of developers.

I'm a tragically flawed individual in many ways and I might not be best suited for the OWASP board. But I tell you John, in my opinion, being a board member for OWASP is by no means a gift or a reward for hard work. In my mind, it's a huge responsibility, one that is very intimidating to me.

Respectfully,

-Jim Manico
http://Manico.net