[Owasp-leaders] Mailing list -> Forum

Boris Hemkemeier boris at owasp.org
Wed Feb 9 16:38:59 EST 2011

Dear all,

Please keep in mind our different target groups. Chapter mailing lists
get through to a lot of people which are interested in OWASP but not
(yet) deeply involved. A "push service" like email is perfect for
these people to keep them in touch with OWASP. Probably  a "pull
service" like a forum would loose many of them.

On the other hand we have discussions with high volume on some mailing
lists like the leaders list or project lists. Maybe such lists would
benefit from a forum structure.

I strongly endorse to keep the well working mailing lists for chapters
etc. We can make them more sustainable with a better archive system
and/or a better support for search engines.

However we could try to improve some high volume lists by a forum structure.

Boris