[Owasp-leaders] Mailing list -> Forum

Mat Caughron caughron at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 13:03:00 EST 2011

OWASP Leaders et al:

Here's a (perhaps contrarian) vote for MailMan and keeping the lists.

First, the current lists seem to be pretty reliable.

Second, arguing from history here, there are some pretty important
mailman lists still operating when forums, boards, and group
discussion infrastructure have come and gone.  I know this is OWASP,
but it's a goodthing™ that there is more to the internet than the web.

Third, everyone gets an archive when you're on a mailing list.

So in summary, I would say: go ahead and advocate for google groups
participation, and forums, etc., but let's leave the list going.

That's my $.02

Mat