[Owasp-leaders] Mailing list -> Forum

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Wed Feb 9 06:21:58 EST 2011

We definitely know that email integration is important - this was one of the
primary lessons we learned when we tried to implement forums three years ago
following the last 2008 Summit.

The difficulty we ran into is that there are very few established products
that support forum mailing list integration. For example, m2f is a plugin
for phpBB that does exactly what we want - but it's very outdated and
doesn't work with the latest version of phpBB - as security folks, we were
remiss to not be using the latest patched version of phpBB.  Yahoo Groups
also provides mailing lists while having online messages, but like Google
Groups, requires a Yahoo account.

If anyone is aware of an existing product that does online forums and
mailing list integration automatically, please speak up! :)

I'm sure that we have the technical capability within OWASP to implement
email integration ourselves if necessary.

-Jason