[Owasp-leaders] Mailing list -> Forum

Jerry Hoff jerry at owasp.org
Wed Feb 9 05:50:23 EST 2011

Hi Everyone,

Yes, there is definitely a convenience to email, and but forums offer
much to the community - so i'm working on a solution to provide both.  I
just emailed the developers of a plugin called m2f which allows
integration of a forum + mailman, so it may be possible to do both.

At the leadership meeting last night, one of the biggest complains is a
lack of effective communication.  A forum would go a *long* way to
helping solve this problem, and would make OWASP much more accessible to
new members trying to get up to speed with the organization.

Let's use our collective intelligence to solve this problem in a forward
looking way.  forum + email backend?  forum + iphone app?  I think it's
clear we have to evolve if we want to expand as an organization, we just
need to think a little outside of the box to get there.

Keep the conversation going.  Anybody else have an opinion on this?

Jerry