[Owasp-leaders] Mailing list -> Forum

Matthew Chalmers matthew.chalmers at owasp.org
Wed Feb 9 04:33:42 EST 2011

A few weeks ago Dinis created (or at least announced) some Google Groups for
Summit-related topics:

   - *Summit 2011 Venue:* https://groups.google
   .com/a/owasp.org/group/summit-2011-venue<https://groups.google.com/a/owasp.org/group/summit-2011-venue/topics>
   - <https://groups.google.com/a/owasp.org/group/summit-2011-venue/topics>*Summit
   2011 Events:* https://groups.google
   .com/a/owasp.org/group/summit-2011-events
   - *Summit 2011 Schedule:* https://groups.google
   .com/a/owasp.org/group/summit-2011-schedule (this is for schedule topics
   and not for working sessions 'content' topics)
   - *Summit 2011 Working Sessions:* https://groups.google
   .com/a/owasp.org/group/summit-2011-working-sessions  (this is where any
   'content' related item should be placed)

Should we not leverage Google Groups since not only will it provide the same
email lists we're used to but also a website as a forum for searching,
reading, and posting messages; and it also offloads CPU and bandwidth from
the owasp.org servers.

If it's a bad idea please shoot it down, I don't mind.

--matt