[Owasp-leaders] Fw: Last minute attendance at the Portugal Summit

Dan Cornell dan at denimgroup.com
Sat Feb 5 19:36:45 EST 2011

If NY/NJ put up the first $1000 then San Antonio will put up another $1000 to get an HP/Fortify rep there

Thanks

Dan

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 5, 2011, at 6:08 PM, "Tom Brennan" <tomb at owasp.org<mailto:tomb at owasp.org>> wrote:

We need more money to get Pravir to summit - leaders nut up!

Tom Brennan
OWASP Foundation
973-202-0122

________________________________
From: "Tom Brennan" <tomb at owasp.org<mailto:tomb at owasp.org>>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 00:07:12 +0000
To: Sarah Baso<sarah.baso at owasp.org<mailto:sarah.baso at owasp.org>>; Pravir Chandra<chandra at owasp.org<mailto:chandra at owasp.org>>
ReplyTo: tomb at owasp.org<mailto:tomb at owasp.org>
Cc: Kate Hartmann<kate.hartmann at owasp.org<mailto:kate.hartmann at owasp.org>>; dinis.cruz at owasp.org<mailto:dinis.cruz at owasp.org><dinis.cruz at owasp.org<mailto:dinis.cruz at owasp.org>>
Subject: Re: Last minute attendance at the Portugal Summit

You got $1000 from NYC Chapter!

Tom Brennan
OWASP Foundation
973-202-0122

________________________________
From: Sarah Baso <sarah.baso at owasp.org<mailto:sarah.baso at owasp.org>>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 23:57:58 +0000
To: Pravir Chandra<chandra at owasp.org<mailto:chandra at owasp.org>>
Cc: Kate Hartmann<kate.hartmann at owasp.org<mailto:kate.hartmann at owasp.org>>; tomb tomb<tomb at owasp.org<mailto:tomb at owasp.org>>; dinis.cruz at owasp.org<mailto:dinis.cruz at owasp.org><dinis.cruz at owasp.org<mailto:dinis.cruz at owasp.org>>

Hi Pravir,
We wanted to make sure all the current sponsorship money we had given out was being used before we said definitely "no". Unfortunately for you, this money WILL all be used and so we will NOT be able to help you.

Thanks for your interest and my apologies that we were not able to make this work for you!

Sarah Baso

On Feb 2, 2011, at 7:26 PM, Pravir Chandra <<mailto:chandra at owasp.org>chandra at owasp.org<mailto:chandra at owasp.org>> wrote:

Thanks, Kate. When a corporate member joins, I thought they were allowed to mark both a local chapter AND a project for funds to get split... is that not the case? The Huawei people told me they had explicitly joined for the OpenSAMM project, but I didn't dig into it to find out if they actually wrote that anywhere. Either way, it sounds like the Huawei money is gone, so looks like that avenue is cut off.

Yes, please add me to the list of people looking for sponsors... I know it's probably not fair for me to try to squeak in at the last moment, but if somehow there's an open spot, I'll jump on it. For me, there isn't a Visa issue or anything like that (US citizen with US passport), so I should be all set there. Since we won't have a conclusion until Fri or Sat, this might not be possible... the flight I was looking at leaves Sunday morning and I'm sure prices will fluctuate as we get closer.

Thanks!

p.

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Kate Hartmann <<mailto:kate.hartmann at owasp.org><mailto:kate.hartmann at owasp.org>kate.hartmann at owasp.org<mailto:kate.hartmann at owasp.org>> wrote:
Hi.  It is good to hear from you.  Yes we are all “heads down” preparing for the Summit.  I hope we can work something out so you can attend.

Huawei did join as a corporate supporter, but they earmarked their funds for the China chapter.  These funds were almost immediately forwarded to the event planning company in China on behalf of the chapter to offset some of the loss incurred from the conference.

Sarah Baso (copied) has reported that there are currently 3 individuals who have requested funding.  We are waiting for confirmation on a few other attendees who have not yet been able to “confirm” because they have not yet secured their VISAs for the Summit.  It may be Friday or Saturday before we know if they will be able to use their sponsorship.

If you want to request sponsorship we can definitely add you to the list of attendees waiting for funding.

Kate Hartmann
Operations Director
301-275-9403
<http://www.owasp.org/><http://www.owasp.org>www.owasp.org<http://www.owasp.org>