[Owasp-leaders] Big win!

Vicente Aguilera vicente.aguilera at owasp.org
Tue Dec 20 19:03:29 UTC 2011

Congratulations Kostas!!!

Great work. Maybe you can explain to the OWASP leaders how you have managed
to involve the government, as this work can be extrapolated to other
chapters.

In my case, the Catalonian Government (www.gencat.cat) also refers to OWASP
in several public documents, and our projects are taken into account when
assessing and deciding on a provider.. For example:

- Specifications of recruitment files (page 138):
http://www.gencat.cat/economia/doc/doc_13726798_1.doc

- Activity report (page 65):
http://www16.gencat.net/web_Sindicatura/pdfs/Mem_activ_07_es_tno_menor_resol.pdf

- Promoting a new web portal (page 12):
http://www.gencat.cat/governacio-ap/administracio/pdf/fp48.pdf

All this makes our work seen in a serious and professional, thus gaining
prestige in our country.

We could make a sharing of the actions taken to involve governments. Surely we
can all contribute our grain of sand. :-)

Best regards,
--
Vicente Aguilera Diaz
vicente.aguilera at owasp.org
Homepage: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Spain
Twitter: @vaguileradiaz
Personal website: http://www.vicenteaguileradiaz.com
PGP: 0xD21C1EF8 - D1F0 E0B5 2ACC B4B5 57CD  C427 58B7 CF0D D21C 1EF8