[Owasp-leaders] twitter link on the owasp wiki

John Wilander john.wilander at owasp.org
Thu Dec 8 14:30:05 EST 2011

So we're entering the era of mashups with various cross-origin hacks,
inlined JavaScript that fetches more JavaScript on the fly, and data
leakage to social networks and their customers. I encourage you to look
under the hood of these type of buttons. It's not a pretty sight IMHO.

Eventbrite iframe seems fair. But apart from that, what are the gains?

Are we talking of a static "Hey, check out OWASP" tweet link, many static
tweet links à la "Check out OWASP project X", or a tweet link with dynamic
content "Check out the next global OWASP event Y"? Who are we hoping for to
click? Do typical owasp.org visitors click such buttons?

Please convince me :).

   Regards, John

--
John Wilander, https://twitter.com/johnwilander