[Owasp-leaders] Open Source Project Ideas

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Mon Aug 29 20:59:30 EDT 2011

Christian,

We were brainstorming for ideas for potential projects to look into and
reach out to.

As I have already stated in this thread, the rules for the Open Source
Showcase are explicitly clear.

Your concerns about Snort are not relevant because they did not apply for
the showcase. As I said repeatedly on this thread, had an organization that
generated some concern applied, then we would have carefully considered the
implications and ensured that the spirit of the showcase was
upheld. However, Snort did not apply to the showcase.

The application period for the showcase has closed and there should be no
further need for discussion..

-Jason