[Owasp-leaders] Rackspace, Migration, Stepping down

Laurence Casey larry.casey at owasp.org
Thu Aug 18 08:01:39 EDT 2011

Thank you all who have either publically or personally sent me emails.

I would like to clarify, this choice to move on is much less financial than
this thread is heading. It's just time to move forward and let somebody else
lead the infrastructure. With the move to Rackspace, I feel more comfortable
with others around the world having access to the network.

I agree that OWASP does need more than one sysadmin, especially around the
world. Yes, it sucked getting a call on the weekend that OWASP was down
because some J.A. decided to attack us. Or the most recent outage, which was
a drive going down in an array, but the drive wouldn't just drop out and
rather hang in there slowing things down. And always when out of town with
friends trying to focus on winning races. But that was the job and it needed
to be taken care of. For some reason OWASP is a target J

Finally, I thank Aspect for asking me to help support OWASP. This has been a
good learning experience for my career. And to clarify, I only tracked my
time spent on OWASP with Aspect if it was during business hours and took a
significant amount of time. All other times were my donation to the cause.
The first 5 plus/minus years of graphic work was done as a contribution. I
have been paid for graphic work more recently.

--Larry