[Owasp-leaders] Chapter Leader Update

Rex Booth rex.booth at owasp.org
Wed Aug 17 10:53:26 EDT 2011

Who is the intended audience of this enhanced professional image for
OWASP and what is the expected ROI?

If it's fellow security consultants, I think hard-copy printouts of the
top 10, etc, would have the most impact.  It would allow us to use them
as force multipliers, too, and have them spread the word of OWASP for us.

If the audience is industry (and it should be, IMO), I think the funds
would probably be better spent on a shirt and tie for each of our
leaders. I know many of us don't require business attire for our daily
lives, but many of our target industries do, and they respond to people
that "look professional."  Is it fair?  No, but that's the reality.

On the whole, however, I'm surprised we have $100k to spend on banners,
etc to be used at the local chapter level given our current budget
situation.  Especially since most chapter meetings are probably 1) fewer
than 20 people and 2) are repeat attendees that don't need to be wowed
by banners and image.

I don't see the ROI - perhaps somebody can explain it to me.

Rex