[Owasp-leaders] Possible Brand Abuse - Simply Voting

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at owasp.org
Mon Aug 15 03:36:22 EDT 2011

"Our application code adheres to guidelines set out by the Open Web
Application Security Project." as quoted from
https://owasp.simplyvoting.com/index.php?mode=brochure

Would this quote be considered within the scope of "6. The OWASP Brand
must not be used in a manner that suggests that a product or
technology is compliant with any OWASP Materials other than an OWASP
Published Standard." from
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_brand_usage_rules

Since this service is used for the recent OWASP election I would
recommend that we include site: searches using Google to the
procurement process in addition to what I previously recommended
below.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich