[Owasp-leaders] Invitation as a keynote speaker
billchu at uncc.edu
Fri Aug 12 13:42:08 EDT 2011
I would like to invite you as a keynote speaker at our annual security and privacy symposium on Oct. 11. The conference attracts 500+ attendees; about half are IT security professionals from the Charlotte area. More details are past speakers are attached below. Thank you very much for your support!
I look forward to meeting you at the AppSec USA conference next month.
Bill Chu, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair
Department of Software and Information Systems
Charlotte, NC 28223
12th Annual Cyber Security Symposium at UNC Charlotte
Over the past 12 years the Cyber Security Symposium has become the premier security conference in the Charlotte region as it continues to attract experts from around the country to address the latest issues surrounding cyber crime and what is being done to combat this ever-increasing global threat. The conference routinely draws nearly 500 attendees. Half of those are represented by business professionals from the likes of: Bank of America; Wells Fargo; BB&T; TIAA-CREF; Duke Energy; Premier Health, Inc.; Carolina's Healthcare Systems; North Carolina Technology Association, etc. The remainder of the attendees are made up of faculty, staff, and students from UNC Charlotte. The Department of Software and Information Systems was one of the first in the country to be designated by the National Security Agency as a "Center of Academic Excellence" in information assurance "Research" and "Education."
Nitech Dhanjani, Sr. Manager, Ernst & Young LLP
"Hacking: The Next Generation"
Jacob West, Director, Security Research, Fortify, an HP Company
"Watching Software Run"
Tom Gallagher, Lead, Microsoft Office Security Test Team, Microsoft
"Office 2010 Threats and Countermeasures"
Rich Baich, Principal, Security and Privacy, Deloitte & Touche, LLP
"Transforming from Information Security to Cyber Security: Reactive to Proactive Practices"
Kevin Pearson, Associate Researcher, Cross Domain Innovation and Science Group, USAF
"Assured Labeling in Multilevel Security Environments"
Roger Callahan, Managing Director, Information Assurance Advisory, LLC
"Are more Broadly Used and Trusted Identity Credentials on the Horizon?"
Ted Claypoole, Senior Member, Intellectual Property Practice Groups, Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, PLLC
"Geolocation Privacy and Security: What are we losing?
Derrick Barksdale, Security by Design Consultant, Bank of America
Jason Gilam, Security by Design Consultant, Bank of America
"Security by Design"
William Stranathan, Affiliated Scientist with the Laboratory of Information Integration, Security and Privacy (LIISP)
"HTML 5, WHATWG, and other Web Application Technology Proposlas"
Jason Rouse, Principal Security Consultant, Cigital, Inc.
"Creating Secure Mobile Applications from Insecure Platforms"
Theresa Payton, Chief Advisor and CEO, Fortalice, LLC.
"How Weak is Your Technology Supply Chain Security?"
Elizabeth Johnson, of Counsel, Poyner Spruill
"Legally-Defensible Security: What government enforcement and current legal requirements mean for your organizations security initiatives"
Jim Bothe, Principal Security Consultant, ACM Business Solutions
"Computer Security Information Response Program"
Andy Wilson, Sr. Systems Engineer, Lancope
"Maximize Network Visibility with NetFlow Technology"
John Melton, CCI, Department of Software and Information Systems
"Real Time Application Defense"
* Gary McGraw-Cigital
* Tom Gallagher- Lead, Microsoft Office Security Test Team, Microsoft
* Sam Phillips- VP of Corporate Security, Research in Motion (RIM)
* Gary Granza -Bank of America
* Will Stranathan- Affiliated Scientist with the Laboratory of Information Integration, Security and Privacy (LIISP)
* Roger Callahan- Managing Director, Information Assurance Advisory, LLC
* Jeff Jancula-Wachovia, A Wells Fargo Company
* Larry Lauer and Sean Darragh-Duke-Energy
* Joan Myers-Applied Research Associates, Inc.
* Dave Marcus -McAfee, Inc.
* Richard Baich- Principal, Security and Privacy, Deloitte & Touche, LLP
* Theresa Payton- Chief Advisor and CEO, Fortalice, LLC
* Kip Turco-Hosted Solutions
* Dan Geer, Chief Information Security Officer for In-Q-Tel
* Peter Murphy, Sr. VP and CTO, TIAA-CREF
* Rich Baich, Principal, Security and Privacy, Deloitte & Touche, LLP
* Patrick Keaton, Information Management Executive of IBM's Optim Solution for Enterprise Data Management for the Americas
* Doris Gardner, Supervisory Special Agent of the FBI office in Charlotte.
* Greg Bell, Principal in the Atlanta office of KPMG's Advisory Services Practice and serves as KPMG's Global Services Leader for their Information Protection (Security, Privacy and Continuity) practice.
* Ted Claypoole, Senior Member, Intellectual Property Practice Groups, Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, PLLC
* Tom Gallagher, Lead, Microsoft Office Security Test Team, Microsoft
Rhonda MacLean, CISO, Barclays
John Linkous, IT Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) Evangelist,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OWASP-Leaders