[Owasp-leaders] List Spam Warning

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 11:18:49 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Jim Manico <jim.manico at owasp.org> wrote:
> I just got this message from the WebGoat list which certainly got my
> attention. It was not directed at me only thankfully.
>
> https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-webgoat/2011-August/thread.html
>
> What a fun way to start the day. :).
>
> Has anyone seen this before?

Nope, haven't seen it. Looks it's a spear phishing attempt
perhaps. Can't be sure w/out seeing the attachment, which likely
was stripped.

However, last I recall, OWASP was running an old, unpatched
version of Mailman list server software, so the overall admin (Larry?)
should probably check.

-kevin
--
We *cause* accidents."        -- Nathaniel Borenstein